Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Ass Checker and The Flagrant Farter

I've previously written about the weirdness that goes on in office bathrooms. I just had another brush with a guy I've come to know as The Ass Checker. While standing at the row of sinks in front of a large mirror, this guy repeatedly turns to check out his ass in the mirror. And it's not even a quick peek to make sure he didn't sit in something, it's a long, very serious observation of the shape and size of his ass. I've never seen a man do this before. It's very unnerving, especially when you're standing next to the guy pretending to wash your hands. Equally unnerving is the behavior of the head of our division who proceeds to have a farting fit while standing at the urinal. I've observed this behavior more than once. He sidles up to the urinal and forces out all of the gas in his bowels while he's relieving himself. As he's laying down these volleys of farts, it's clear that he could care less if anyone else is in the bathroom with him. Being discreet about it doesn't even cross his mind. Maybe he thinks it's some sort of executive privilege. As bad as this is, a co-worker, over drinks, told me that he had made eye contact with the flagrant farter one day standing in the middle of the bathroom with his leg lifted, like a dog, squeezing one out.

5 Comments:

Blogger rrthur said...

dyin! i need to do a "we love the 90's" AF post soon!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Rambler said...

I hate the urinal farters! So lazy. Just go in the stall, piss sitting down and let it go!!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger BayonneMike said...

Let it go, indeed, rambler. I can't tell you how many times I've used the stall for a private fart attack. A fart at the urinal lacks the context of a fart in the shitter. Of course, sometimes a fart catches you by surprise at the pisser. In those cases at least make an effort to squelch it. All I'm asking for is an attempt at discretion. Is that so hard?

9:34 AM  
Blogger yakimba said...

I remember being amazed that a work colleague fell asleep in the bathroom at one of my previous publishing employs. I'm not talking about a stall-snoozer -- this was a head-droopin', standing performance at the urinal. I'm sure alcohol was involved (after all it was post lunch ...), but he hadn't moved even as I drying my hands and hitting the door. At least 2 minutes worth. Freaky!

Appropriate line to drop on the AC: "Yeah I need to get on the elliptical machine myself ..."

Appropriate line to drop on the FF: "Do you know where I can get some good Mexican food?"

8:36 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

how else are you gonna know unless you check?

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter