Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Scott McClellan's tan

There was something deeply disturbing about Scott McClellan's appearance on The News Hour last Friday: his tan. It was so distracting I could barely follow what he was saying which, by most accounts, isn't as revelatory as the media would have us believe. It's only been a week since the release of his book, but it already feels like yesterday's news. But that tan! How does an elite Washington D.C. insider acquire such a tan! When his hands fluttered at the bottom of the television screen, they were as dark as a Mexican day laborer's! My guess is that he sensed that this would be his moment to shine before the cameras and, by golly, he was going to do it deeply tanned. Male vanity of this sort is always comical, but I suspect in this instance even George Hamilton would have blushed. Enjoy your moment, Scott; like your tan, it will fade.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

oh my. he looks like a baked bean! Bushes or Heinz? Naturally, a heated debate, with McClellan making some powerful statements...

http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9VjZKc1RzYUQ1SkU=

6:39 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I just came back from a week on the farm. My wife calls me "brown man." I prefer "Kid Belafonte." I get extra freckly, not a real man tan in the Hamiltonian sense.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Angelissima said...

Bush's Baked Bean

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter