Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pull my finger, son

Last year I lamented the lack of guilt-free Mother's Day cards. This year, while perusing Father's Day cards, I couldn't help but notice a predominant theme: farting. Judging by the quick sample I took, at least 3 or 4 of the 10 cards I read before settling on the one I bought featured dear old dad as a laughable gasbag. Is this really what it's come to? Has respect for American dads fallen so far that the only thing we can think about when we think about Dad is his recurring bouts of flatulence? Just a couple years ago, I recalled Father's Day cards that poked fun at Dad's attachment to the television remote. Before that it was his less than handy ways around the house. What can we expect after the current farting trend has run its course? Cards gently ribbing Dad about his alcoholism or drug addiction? How about a card that light-heartedly goofs on his philandering or incontinence? Get on it, Hallmark!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

a laughable gasbag? oh no you didn't!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

shared this one with Dad. thought he was gonna lose it (laughing)

fathers do take a lot of abuse on their special day.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter