Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Michael Clayton

While watching Michael Clayton, I had a strange feeling of deja vu. Isn't this just a more sinister version of the The Insider? Every thing was well-executed, but on the whole it felt kind of far-fetched and pointless. Did the producers really think that viewers would believe that high-powered law firms have their own professional hit squads? And couldn't the writer come up with a more plausible excuse for the car bomb bungling than Clooney's weird Equus moment? I don't quite understand the Oscar for Tilda Swinton's performance either. All she did was twitch for two hours. Entertaining, I guess, but also instantly forgettable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Excruciatingly slow, didn't like the flashback motif, the bar plot was mildly necessary but not that interesting. Who cares if a lawyer is getting screwed? Mrs. 1Ott and I wasted $23 to see this during the run-up to Oscar. In a classic case of marital miscom., I thought she wanted to see it and she thought I wanted to see it. O. Henry!

The new TV series Eli Stone had almost the same exact plot in the first or second ep, another case of one good script gets copied and rejected, then they use it in rewritten form. I wonder if your buddy at the radio station ever saw that happen to him?

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter