Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Someone call Ripley's

Last summer I bought a defective pair of pants. Because I generally don't try on pants in the store (my approach to shopping always being "get in and get out"), I didn't realize until the following day that they were missing the buttonhole for fastening. I exchanged them the following weekend. This past Sunday I bought another pair of pants at the same store. My "get in and get out" approach was thwarted this time by a men's pants section in such disarray that I had trouble locating pants in my size. After more than the usual rummaging, I finally found a pair. I was so happy just to find a pair in my size that I didn't think twice over the fact that they were missing the usual price tags (the cashier had to type in the item number to bring the price up). Imagine what an idiot I felt like when I discovered on Monday that the pair of pants I had worked so hard to find was missing a buttonhole! Yes, that's right, I had just repurchased the same pair of defective pants that I had returned months earlier! What are the chances? It's mind boggling! Someone call Ripley's!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Actually that one oughta qualify for a spot in 'Wierd New Jersey". And I would hold onto those pants, Mike, as they may just wind up on exibition at the HERE gallery...and from there, who knows? Ask Tinsel and Rot what famous pants are going for on ebay these days! Don't be cuttin' any button holes in 'em.

1:50 PM  
Blogger BayonneMike said...

Oh, I'm keeping the pants. Obviously, those pants and I are meant to be together. There must be some sort of magnetic energy between us. I won't be cutting any buttonholes (I surpressed that urge within minutes of my initial rage when I couldn't find the pocket knife I received as a fifth anniversary gift from a previous job in my apartment), but I think my dry cleaner should be able to handle the job.

2:07 PM  
Blogger yakimba said...

Did you save any money?

One of the thrills of my father's existence is to keep tags on clothes (which audit the markdowns) to show how the original price was $80 and now it's only $9.99!! Maybe it's been there for eight months or doesn't have a button hole but what a bargain!!

Wear the trou once or twice without the buttonhole and then return 'em. You can always go back and buy them again ...

6:32 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Sears has a nice manly pant with a cinch waistband, Mike.

I have a kid who wears them and they have a psudo-fly. You never need to zipper again. Just yank 'em down a little in the men's room and no one will EVER guess. And even if they do, who cares? Flaunt 'em Baby.

Buttons are passe. Make room in the closet of your heart for the buttonless trouser. X---)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter