Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ringtones

Whoever came up with the idea that people would shell out millions of dollars for a couple seconds of tinny white noise played over a cell phone was some sort of genius. To me, it's the equivalent of selling people garbage. And I'm not even judging the quality of the songs themselves. Do people really derive enjoyment from those short bursts of irritating noise? I don't get it. Maybe I've been missing out all of these years. Instead of investing in quality recordings, I should have been scouring the trash heap for warped 45s and broken cassettes.

More old fogey talk, I know, but that's what I'm here for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angelissima said...

I don't know any adults who really get into the ring tone thing. However, as the mother of 2 teen aged girls I can relate. Between the "must have" latest hot phone model (which they buy themselves. We provided the standard issue free phone that came with the "family plan" which goes without saying is...NOT COOL) the texting, oy vey! I'm waiting for TEXTING to break out of the Urban Dictionary and insinuate itself into Merriam Webster (they also pay for that themselves. I want no part of texting.) The inane games, the photo taking, the annoying ring tones, ad nauseum.

All the bells and whistles. Lets face it, its a kid thing. And the train...I HATE when people YAK the whole way home. I move my seat if I can.

Oh, another comment on your previous post. In my opinion, not having a cell phone built character back in the day. You had to be resourceful to get out of your jams...not just phone a friend.

12:16 PM  
Blogger josie2shoes said...

Amen to what Angelissima said. All I want my cell phone to do is make calls... no ringtones, no games, no texting, no pictures, no browsing. It's got all that, but I don't use it. We've become a nation of electronic addicts who can't disconnect long enough to even hear ourselves think.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter