Thursday, April 07, 2011

Unemployed

Today was the first day I've been unemployed since the six months after I graduated from college in '84. After waking up very early in a rage that made it impossible for me to get back to sleep, the rest of the day improved dramatically. I got some things done. I talked to some people on the phone about legal matters. I posted my resume on a job search site and applied for a non-publishing job in Bayonne (a non-publishing job seems very appealing to me at this point; getting away from some of the pretentious and condescending types the publishing industry tends to attract would be a breath of fresh air, I think). I also applied for unemployment for the first time in my life and felt absolutely no shame in doing so. Overall, it wasn't such a bad day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

(deep breath) Congratulations, Mike on the first day of the REST Of your life. Details do not matter and while it may seem a bit scary at first, I am happy to inform you that everything is going to be okay. Better than before. Yes.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

PS. I saw a Wiley book in the hands of a guy standing rear me in the airport on April 4. It was called
" Self- Coaching" (life coach) or something of that nature, written by some guy named Luciani. The guy reading it was excited that he was already 'getting' something out of it and was itching to share but I had to catch a flight out of there.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter