Sunday, June 21, 2009

A new tradition

Last year I lamented the rise of fart-themed father's day cards. This year when the first father's day card I picked up involved dear old dad's flatulence, I said to myself, "Fuck it. I'm not going to fight this thing anymore. I'm going to go with it. Obviously, fart-themed father's day cards are a sign of the times and who am I to go against the zeitgeist." So, when I handed my father his card yesterday I said that this was the beginning of a new tradition. From now on I will seek out and purchase the best fart-themed father's day card every year. My father seemed to be cool with it, but I may be wrong.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

i perused fathers day cards for about an hour on Saturday, Mike, during which time i did not see even one fart-themed card. There were quite a few with references to drunkards though.

Dad got a boring senitmental card since I was feeling somewhat tearful at the time.

1:38 PM  
Blogger BayonneMike said...

Wow. What store did you go to? There's also a chance the fart cards were already sold out.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

sorry,M. There WAS that card with the hole in it with the pull my finger line. My mistake.

Ramtown Pharmacy. My Dad gave me 20bucks to get him some cough syrup. Just for S&G, I used his money and laughed as I paid for the cards...one from my nephew. I got some money from the ATM at WaWa to reimburse him and when I did, he threw the money on the floor. He's funny that way.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Will said...

My family does this for me but with robot themed cards. One year I got a card with a robot on it that made me laugh and since then it's ALL been robots. I prefer robots to farts though.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter

Blog Counter